How do you know what it takes to go from surviving to thriving when you're a one-person show?
You can keep guessing, testing, and getting advice from people who have no idea what you're going through...
you can join an exclusive community of solopreneurs
and get the support + accountability you need
to actually make your work serve your life
Welcome to the
If you want to continue to define your success by others' standards and let your big dreams get stale, then keep going it alone.
If you want to show your business who’s boss
and make solopreneurship live up to its promises…
Registration is Closed for the 2023 Session
Are you really getting what you need out of your freelancing or consulting career?
You Became Your Own Boss So You Could...
Do work you love
Creating real results for people instead of busywork to make your boss look good
Work (or not) when you want, where you want, and how you want
Costco at 11am on Tuesday, building a sales page on the beach, picking up your kids from school, rocking the athlesiure 24/7
Pay yourself what you need every month
No more relying on .01% raises every year
Your work isn't doing it for you anymore
"A year ago I would have been thrilled to get this contract and now I'm dreading it."
You set "big goals" but never follow through
"Next month I'll start that new thing, finish that side project, make that pivot..."
The time vs. money equation isn't working like it used to
"There's only one of me, I only have so many hours, and I can only raise my rates so much."
You've already done the hard work of starting your business...
Now it's time to make sure it's giving you what you need EVERY. DAY.
Here's how it works
Apply to Join
Complete the application and a short interview call with Sarah. The application process ensures that this small group experience is the right fit for everyone and the members have a diverse set of complementary goals, skills, and needs.
Make a Commitment to Yourself
Once you're accepted, make a monthly commitment to your goals by joining a group of solopreneurs who know exactly what you're going through. Get instant access to courses, templates, and resources specifically built for solopreneurs.
Define What You Want So You Can Actually Get It
The Collaborative kicks off by helping you create goals that drive the journey, not just focus on the destination. This is goal-setting for people who hustle and have no time for big dreams that never actually come to fruition.
Each month you'll participate in an expertly- facilitated group coaching experience where we'll revisit and revise your goals so that they meet you where you're at and drive you toward outcomes that matter. We'll also discuss strategies for achieving them and hold each other accountable.
OK...so how much does it cost?
The Solopreneur Collaborative is a year-long program
with three payment options.
Two Monthly Installments*
Four Monthly Installments*
* Monthly installments are made in subsequent months after your first payment (e.g., the two-payment option would be one at the time of enrollment and the next payment one month later).
Here's everything you get
as a member of the Collaborative
The Hustler's Guide to Goals
This is THE comprehensive guide that will walk you through the process of making your business serve your life and the framework we'll use to guide our work in the Collaboratory. A full goal-setting and accountability process to help you:
- Get super clear on what solopreneurship needs to give you
- Create goals that actually mean something
- Establish clear milestones
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly routines that ground your work and align it to your goals
- Adjust course as things change
We're not talking about those BS goal-setting strategies from your old HR department, where you set meaningless targets that sit on a shelf...this is real-time, short-cycle goal implementation that ensures you're always clear on what you want and how to get there.
One Mastermind Session Each Month
These sessions are live, small-group sessions via Zoom where you'll have the opportunity to work with an expert solopreneur coach and a curated group of like-minded solopreneurs who know what you're going through.
Sessions are on the second Wednesday of every month at 9:00 am MST.
- December 7, 2022: 2-Hour Kick-off
- January, April, July, and October: 2-Hour Quarterly Strategy Calls
- All other months: 90-Minute Check-in Calls
All calls are recorded and you'll have access to them for as long as you're part of the Collaboratory.
A Community of Support In Between Calls
In between sessions you'll have access to a member-only hub and community where we'll encourage you to chase the big dream, hold you accountable for doing it, and then virtually pop champagne when you achieve it. Not to mention regular tips, resources, discussion topics, and collaboration opportunities.
Strategies from People Who Know...aka YOU
During each session, we'll work through a proprietary process for developing and implementing short-cycle goals to make sure that what you're aiming for is ALWAYS relevant to who you are and what you need in this moment.
As we adjust our goals we'll also work together to map out strategies and tactics to achieve them. This is where the power of the group comes into play. We're all experts at the ins and outs of running a business, which means that we can leverage our expertise and experience to support each other in developing specific action plans to reach our goals. Throughout the year there will also be optional sessions on specific topics on an as-needed basis.
Potential topics include (but are not limited to):
- Finding clients (marketing, networking)
- Finding the right clients (cool people + work you love + $ you deserve)
- Managing clients (meeting deadlines, communication)
- Business model (how you structure your work)
- Money (pricing, billing, $ management)
- Project management (workflow)
- Confidence (being the boss you know you are)
- Time management (efficiency, productivity)
For a fraction of the cost of individual coaching, you'll have access to a seasoned solopreneur (and trained facilitator) who regularly coaches other solopreneurs on goal-setting, business development, and project management.
I use targeted facilitation techniques to cultivate an effective group-learning environment. In other words, this isn't a free-for-all with a bunch of amateurs giving you "advice," this is an expertly facilitated experience with a hand-selected group of other solopreneurs.
A Personal Thank You + Cool Stuff
I send each member a personal thank you note with a custom notebook to track your journey + other cool solopreneur swag and a signed copy of my book, Instant Freelancer: How to Start a Business of One.
Lifetime* Access to All of My Courses
In addition to everything above, you'll also get instant, lifetime* access to all of my courses + templates, even if you decide to end your membership at any point.
- The Solopreneur Start-up Roadmap: The course that gives you a step-by-step plan to launch your business in less than an hour.
- Conversation to Contract: The course that gives you a seamless process for landing your ideal clients and spotting the nightmare ones from a mile away.
- Project Pro: The course that gives freelancers, consultants, and solopreneurs replicable systems to do their best work in less time.
*Lifetime means the lifetime of my courses, not your lifetime. As long as they exist, you'll have access to them.
- Discounts on Individual Coaching with Me
- A Directory of Other Coaches to Choose From
- Discounts on Custom Merchandise
- Networking Opportunities
- A Resource Library
Solopreneurship is a journey
All you need is a map
Hi, I'm Sarah. I make maps.
I’m Sarah Duran.
Serial solopreneur and consistent six-figure freelancer.
I would not be where I am without the incredible mentors and peers I've had along the way. People I could call on who’d been through what I was experiencing... and who would guide me through the tough times. I’m super grateful to them because they’re the reason why I’m here for you today.
I created the Solopreneur Collaborative to give others the network that I had.
I'm not the kind of coach who tells you what to do in theory and I'm not an expert in everything...I'm a real-life six-figure solopreneur who knows first hand the blood, sweat, and tears it takes to make a business work and the single-minded focus it takes to not give up.
I use my background in coaching, goal-setting, and facilitation (+ my extensive experience as a freelancer and business consultant) to create a mastermind experience like no other.
I'm not here to give you all the answers, I'm here to give you a framework and community of support, so you can connect the dots yourself.
What people say about working with me
"Sarah has been a huge support and fantastic coach for me as I've grown my business - helping me think through what kind of business I want to run and how I want my business to support the life I want to live."
Founder, Uplight Creative + Strategy
"Sarah brings positivity and energy to every meeting and engages discussions of new projects with a rare and valuable combination of curiosity, flexibility, attention to detail and helpful structure. Converting high-level goals to specific plans can be overwhelming, but with the thought-partnership that Sarah provides it is not just possible, but even enjoyable! "
Kurt Wilson Ph.D.
"Working with Sarah not only provided me insight on strengths and talents that I already possessed but also helped me develop them further for more practical use and execution."
Founder, Pailou Therapy
"Working with Sarah has transformed how I run my business. I have a new perspective and have MORE time because I have implemented the processes that Sarah recommends. I truly feel like I am now running my business instead of letting it run me."
Founder, The Freelance Solution
Who is this for?
"Solopreneur" is a relatively new term. I define Solopreneurs as independent workers who do what they do primarily on their own. Whether you consider yourself a freelancer, consultant, creative, content creator, or have a "brick and mortar" serviced-based business...if you run a business of one you're a soloprenuer. Even if you have people who support you like assistants, partners, and other contractors, you're still a solopreneur if you primarily run your business yourself.
I've worked with and coached all types of solopreneurs including graphic designers, virtual assistants, business consultants, strategic planners, facilitation experts, researchers, content creators, massage therapists, and aestheticians (just to name a few).
What unites us is our choice to decide for ourselves what we do and how we do it.
The Solopreneur Collaborative
IS for solopreneurs who
- Want to pivot to new services, products, or business models
- Want to do what they already do better, faster, and/or at a higher profit margin
- Need to (re-)align their business and their life
- Are ready and able to support other solopreneurs as part of a community
- Want to make a change but need a little guidance and external accountability
ISN'T for solopreneurs who
- Are just getting started
- Are looking for a place to promote themselves
- Are interested in making money at any cost
- Are resigned to working too many hours for crappy people at terrible rates
- Like competing instead of working together to succeed
- Want to complain about what's not working but not do anything to change it
What are the results?
If you show up to the sessions with a commitment to your goals and do the work on your own, you can expect the following results:
- Clarity: Instead of guessing about what you should be doing you'll know exactly what you want and how to spend your time in order to achieve it.
- Accountability: We all struggle with different things, and most of us have lofty aspirations for eliminating specific struggles to live better lives. The problem is that we often can’t see outside of our current situation, which makes it impossible to solve our own problems. The Collaborative gives you an outside accountability mechanism to hold you to your goals and help you adjust them when they no longer make sense.
- Routines: You'll develop a routine for each day, week, month, and quarter that keeps your objectives fresh and relevant and drives the outcomes you want.
- Community: You are no longer a team of one, you now have a community of like-minded solopreneurs to encourage you, challenge you, and commiserate with you when things go wrong.
- Alignment: The Collaborative process will not just help you build a better business, it will ensure that your business is completely aligned and supportive of your life and overall goals.
You're no amateur, you've tried...
Asking people you know and trust (who also have no idea what you do) about what to do next for your business.
Paying for templates, courses, or workshops (maybe even a coach) that gives you quick fixes but not lasting results.
Doing the work on your own of brainstorming, trying different things, setting "big goals" only to not follow through.
You can keep guessing at the right next steps for your business
you can join a community of people who can help you turn your stumbling blocks into stepping stones
Still got questions? I've got answers.
I’m a brand-new solopreneur, is this course for me?
How do I know I'll get what I need out of this?
I'm an introvert. Is this right for me?
I've tried coaching before, how is this different?
What makes you qualified to lead this?
What if I join and don't like it?
What are the calls like?
How many people are in the group?
Why is there an application?
Why do I have to sign up for a full year?
Shoot me an email and I'll get back to you ASAP.